Thursday, May 5, 2011

C is for Cookie

By the end of the work day today I had a hankering for cookies. Peanut butter cookies to be exact. For some reason, I've been thinking about these cookies for a few weeks. I last made them a couple of years ago for a birthday celebration at the office. It must have been in one of my daily Martha Stewart emails where I first saw this recipe for Peanut Butter Toffee cookies. How could they be bad? It's a really easy recipe to pull together. I made these tonight in under an hour even accounting for all the pauses for picture taking. A simple peanut butter base with added toffee bits and chocolate chips for good measure. The recipe calls for Skor bars (Heath for any Americans out there) but the chips were a more less expensive option.

First things first...peanut butter

Cookie dough sans goodies

Mmmm...

The finished product

Looks good enough to eat!
I think they turned out quite well. Hopefully my co-workers are ready for some sugar tomorrow.

Do you have any favorite, easy cookie recipes you're willing to pull together on a weeknight?

2 comments:

  1. It wasn't a weeknight but a couple of weekends ago, we all decided we needed cookies for dessert. So as the friends did the dinner dishes, I made chocolate chip cookies. And then ate them warm out of the oven. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a general statement for future blog post coverage - it's safe to say your co-workers are ALWAYS ready for sugar :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...