Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Warm Maple, Bacon, and Cheddar Dip

In addition to the spinach and feta puff pastry cups I made for my girls night, I also made this decadent dip. I was really counting on there being leftovers for me to enjoy the next day but the entire dish was cleaned out by the time everyone left. I think most people (that I know anyway) would agree that you can never go wrong when there's bacon involved.


Warm Maple, Bacon, and Cheddar Dip
modified from KraftCanada.com
serves a crowd
  • 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 8 to 10 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used extra old)
  • 2 green onions, sliced
Combine the cream cheese, mayo, and maple syrup. I would recommend a hand mixer or stand mixer for this. I did it by hand and it took forever to get everything incorporated.

Mix in the bacon, shredded cheese, and green onions. Smooth into an oven safe baking dish. Top with a bit more cheddar if you'd like.

Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes until it's hot, golden, and bubbling. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, veggies, or all of the above.


This was absolutely delicious. If you like bacon, cheese, or creamy dips, you have to try this. Something to consider if you're looking for something to bring to a New Year's party this week.

If you're worried about the calorie content you can certainly lighten it up a bit by using light cream cheese, light mayo, and reduced fat cheddar and serving it with veggies. I don't think I'd go as far as substituting turkey bacon, but I guess you could always give it a shot. I will certainly be making this again in the not to distant future. Imagine this in the puff pastry cups!

What's your favorite decadent dip or spread to eat around the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Everything is better with bacon.

    I really liked that cranberry chutney you have made before. Other than that, I love a good spinach dip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, the cranberry salsa was my original plan for this year too but, when I realized I had a ton of cream cheese in the fridge, I changed my plan. Glad I did : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...