Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

A few weeks ago I had some pumpkin leftover from other recipes and had to figure out what to do with it. I felt too guilty to throw it away. I remembered that I had some leftover cream cheese that also needed to be used up and this recipe came to mind. I'd printed it off along time ago and hadn't gotten around to trying it out yet. 

 
 
The recipe really couldn't be easier. Throw a few ingredients in a bowl, mix together, and enjoy! 

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
Slightly Modified from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

  • 8 oz light cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup canned pureed pumpkin
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp honey
Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until smooth.




The pita was not the best vehicle to show off how appetizing the cream cheese really is, but it was all I had at the time. It really was tasty. Unless you eat a ton of cream cheese, I would suggest making half the recipe. Pumpkin doesn't last too long once you open the can. I ate this all week and it was on its last legs.

As a total aside, here's what you can do with leftover pumpkin -  measure it out into freezer bags (I usually do it 1/2 a cup at a time), squish it flat to get out most of the air and stack it in the freezer to save some space. It comes out a bit wetter than it went in but, otherwise, it's just as good to use in any recipe you might have. 



What to you when you have canned fruit or vegetables from a recipe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...