Monday, October 3, 2011

Bites From the 'Burg: Cheesecake at the Foolish Chicken

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of having dinner with friends at the Foolish Chicken here in Hintonburg (on Holland Ave near Armstrong). Besides having one of my favorite pulled pork sandwiches in town, they also have delicious desserts that are made in house. I have been there many times over the last few years and I'm never disappointed in either the meal or dessert.


On this particular evening I had a piece of the chocolate coconut cheesecake. The restaurant offers a number of gluten-free options on the menu and when I realized this cheesecake didn't have a traditional crust, I contacted the restaurant to confirm that this was one of those options, and I was right. Natalie responded and let me know that all of the gluten-free cheesecake options are made with a nut crust, instead of a traditional graham cracker base.The cheesecake was nice and chocolaty with a great smooth texture like all great cheesecake should have. The coconut crust is a nice change from the usual. A good contrast to the smooth texture of the cake and a nice hit of coconut flavor. 


I've tried a few other cheesecake flavors and also the homemade Snickers pie. All have been delicious. If you're in need, the cheesecakes are also available for order from the restaurant via the Cheesecakes to Go page on their website. If you find yourself in the 'Burg with a hankering for cheesecake, make sure you check out the Foolish Chicken.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...