Monday, January 9, 2012

Kristen's "Pain au Chocolat"

This Christmas was the first one that I have spent away from my parents. It was just more practical for my brother and I to stay in Ottawa this year rather than make the trip back to PEI like we normally do. Since it was going to be a bit of a different Christmas for me, my friends were very thoughtful and did different things to make my Christmas morning special.
My Christmas morning



My friend Kristen's contribution to my day was a bag of ingredients and her secret family recipe for "pain au chocolat". Every Christmas morning she and her sister, Heather, were in charge of making breakfast and these delicacies would be on the menu. 

Kristen's "Pain au Chocolat"
makes 8 crescents
  • one package of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
  • chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350°F. Separate dough into 8 triangles along perforations. Place some chocolate chips at the wide end of each triangle.



Roll up so the chocolate chips are on the inside of the roll. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. 



Let cool and enjoy.


I decided to get a little fancy with my treats so I tried a few different combinations of things. I had both milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I also had some salted maple cream and dulce de leche. I think my favorite combination ended up being the semi-sweet chips and dulce de leche combo. These were really quick and easy to put together and they were quite delicious. I would definitely make these again if I had someone coming over for breakfast or I just felt like indulging myself a little bit. Thanks again to Kristen for sharing her family's tradition with me when I was going to be away from mine. 

Do you have a Christmas morning breakfast tradition?

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Stella Bella!!! What a sweetie!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...