Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes

I'm shaking things up here in the 'Burg. I think I'm going to start doing the logical thing and show you a picture of the finished product at the beginning of each post to pique your interest. There's no need to keep you in suspense until the bottom of the page to see what I'm talking about. The star of today's show - pumpkin oatmeal pancakes.


I had some pumpkin left over from another recipe and thought this might be a good way to use it up. I had a hankering for pancakes so I decided to try to modify a tried and true recipe to incorporate the pumpkin. My friend, Kristen, gave me her favorite oat pancake recipe (I'm not sure where her recipe originated) and they're always delicious so I thought it would make for a good starting point. 

Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes
(adapted from Kristen's Oat Pancakes)
Makes about 9-12 small pancakes

1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup oats
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a second bowl. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Cook on medium heat until bubbles pop and the surface looks dry. Flip and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with syrup and enjoy!



And here is the finished product. I thought they turned out quite well for a spur of the moment recipe modification. They could use a little bit more spice but otherwise they were quite tasty. A very easy recipe to pull together when you have some extra pumpkin kicking around. 


What's your favorite kind of pancake?

4 comments:

  1. Those look Goooooood. My fave s are oat pancakes so these are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower and I will definitely be making these tomorrow morning :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. update: yummy! I didn't have any pumpkin pie spice or even cinnamon on hand so I think they needed a bit more flavour but I loved the texture and taste. I'm going to freeze the leftovers for a quick breakfast to grab on the way to school : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you tried them and liked them! I think pumpkin needs a little something to jazz it up. They're great out of the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...